Nov 12., 2023
The successful applicant will be notified no later than December 31, 2023.
How to apply
Questions? Drop us a line.
The Maryland Chapter of The Ninety-Nines, Inc. will award an individual scholarship with a value not to exceed $750.00. This scholarship will be awarded in honor of lifetime member Ginny Carlin. The award will be used to cover a checkride fee in pursuit of a certificate or add on. Eligible applicants include students or full members of the Mid-Atlantic Section of The Ninety-Nines, Inc. The member must be a member of International and the Section for at least 180 days prior to the application deadline.
Funds will be reimbursed to the applicant after successful completion of checkride through a Designated Pilot Examiner (up to $750.00). The reimbursement amount is limited to the initial checkride fee, excluding any discontinuance or retesting fees. Funds must be requested for reimbursement within six months of being awarded the scholarship and after proof of successful completion of the checkride and is applicable to a checkride taken after November 12, 2023.
Ginny Carlin was a beloved life-time Maryland Ninety-Nines (99s) member who embodied the vision of promoting and advancing women pilots, while honoring our unique history and sharing our passion for flight. A long-time member of the Maryland 99’s, she was enthusiastic, kind, and generous, and beloved by all who were lucky enough to interact with her.
She loved flying and was a passionate advocate of the 99s. For decades, she did the paperwork necessary to maintain the MD Chapter, such as filing reports, and ensuring documentation was maintained. She did much of the work of the chapter, ensuring its continuation. Without her, the Maryland Chapter may have vanished. She always had a smile and a cheerful word for everyone. Through this scholarship, we continue to fly and learn.
- Must be a member of the Mid-Atlantic Ninety Nines (or chapters thereunder) at the time of application as well as the time of receipt of the award.
- Essay telling us about yourself. Essay guidance
- Submit application by November 12, 2023
Please include an essay telling us why you are likely to complete a checkride within 6 months after the award of the scholarship (expected in September 2023) and why this scholarship would be important to you.
The essay should be no more than 1,000 words and submitted in Word format.
You are encouraged, but not required, to address the following questions:
- What inspired you to get involved in aviation?
- What are your long-term aviation goals?
- List any awards, special achievements, activities, leadership roles, etc., within aviation and indicate if they are within The Ninety-Nines organization or not.
- How have you inspired others to pursue flying in their lives, either for personal enjoyment or for a career?
- What is your favorite Ninety-Nines related memory? This can be related to an event or a meeting or flying with other members, etc.
The embodiment of the Ginny Carlin scholarship is to recognize the efforts of 99s members who contribute to furthering the efforts of the 99s and women pilots. Your essay will be evaluated as to your efforts to promote advancement of aviation through education and mutual support of women pilots.
How to Submit
Gather up all of your required documents, and click the button! Each document should be a separate file, please!
Please use the following naming convention, so we know which documents belong to you:
- Personal essay (Word only)